Your SEEK Profile is a great way to make yourself relevant and appealing to potential employers, and edge you closer to your next job – so it’s vital to keep your profile up-to-date whenever you reach a new milestone or your circumstances change.
Like your resume, your SEEK Profile gives employers an up-to-date snapshot of your experience and work history, making it important to revise your online profile whenever you move into a new role.
It only takes a few minutes. These are the top five occasions to update your profile:
- When you change jobs. Like your resume, your SEEK Profile gives employers an up-to-date snapshot of your experience and work history, so it’s important to revise your online profile whenever you move into a new role.
If you’ve recently changed jobs, be sure to update the Career history section of your SEEK Profile to reflect additional career experiences.
- When you’ve relocated. Moved to a new city or state? Employers browse SEEK profiles to find ideal candidates in their area, so be sure to update the Preferred work location section under About your next role in your profile. If you’re eager to secure a new job, be sure to also update your Profile visibility to Standard.
- When you gain a new qualification. Whether you’re a new graduate just starting their career or you’ve returned to study to enhance your existing skill set, letting prospective employers know about your qualifications can really help you stand out from the crowd, demonstrate your knowledge, and highlight your drive to succeed.
If you just completed your MBA, graduate diploma or certificate, you should add that achievement to the Education section of your profile.
- When you’ve changed industries. If you’ve found your true calling and moved into a new industry, it’s vital that you update your profile to reflect this. Leaving old information on your profile can see you being approached about roles you’re no longer interested in. Keeping the Classifications of interest section of your profile relevant and up-to-date will ensure that only those companies in your new industry will see your information.
- When you get a promotion. Wowed your current boss and scored that promotion? If you’ve moved up the ladder at work and taken on new responsibilities, adding this to your SEEK Profile can help demonstrate your skills and capabilities to potential employers who may be looking for candidates like you in the future.
Ready to get yourself noticed? Tell the world about this career win by updating your SEEK Profile today.
Celebrating key moments or achievements in your career is important, both personally and professionally. But it’s also important to ensure that your SEEK Profile reflects them, even if you’re not actively looking for a new role. Ensuring your profile is an up-to-date and well-structured depiction of your career will help attract the right employers and the right job. It ensures you’re always ready – and who wouldn’t want that?